Announcement for theLondonWushu Open 2012
The bi-annual SENI expo looms large as the eyes of the sporting world turn to London 2012. As an increasing number of events now appear on the Olympic roster next year’s SENI takes on extra dimension. SENI 2012 will take place on the 2nd and 3rd of June just over a month before the Olympics in the stunning ExCeL arena, host of the Olympic Boxing, Fencing, Judo, Taekwondo, Wrestling and Paralympic Judo championships.
Good to know that Wushu has been accepted by the International Olympic Committee as one of a small number of sports to be considered for inclusion into the 2020 Olympics and that a final decision will be made on it’s inclusion in September 2013. If Wushu is successful in it’s application for inclusion then the sport will grow immensely in popularity all over the world but specifically in theUK. We call all Europe Chinese martial arts fans to join the event and we together will make a petition to the Olympic committee to support this beautiful and healthy sport as an Olympic game.
The London Wushu Open will take place on Saturday the 2nd of June for both Wushu and Taiji. Please pass on this announcement to all affiliated Wushu associations and fans national and international. It is every practitioner’s duty to keep the arts go on and promote the activates that you have enjoyed for many years and something you are special at. Tell your friends overseas to join us.
In order to cater to the wider inclusion of overseas competitors we will be using the 2005 IWUF rules for judging. The competition regulations mainly are:
• A competitor can enter up to 3 categories
• There are 3 age divisions: the under 12, 12 -17 and from 18 onwards
• Contemporary fist (Nanquan or Changquan), Freestyle or Compulsory, Not less than 1.20 minutes; 1.10 minutes for age under 18
• Contemporary short weapon (Jian, Dao, Nandao), Freestyle or Compulsory, Not less than 1.20 minutes; 1.10 minutes for age under 18
• Contemporary long weapon (Gun, Qiang, Nangun), Freestyle or Compulsory, Not less than 1.20 minutes; 1.10 minutes for age under 18
• Traditional fist, Freestyle or Compulsory, Not less than 1.20 minutes; 1.10 minutes for age under 18
• Traditional weapon, Freestyle or Compulsory, Not less than 1.20 minutes; 1.10 minutes for age under 18
• Taijiquan: Freestyle or Compulsory, between 3-4 minutes if optional and 5-6 minutes if compulsory
• Taiji Jian: Freestyle or Compulsory, between 3-4 minutes if optional and 5-6 minutes if compulsory
All competitors will be scored based on the IWUF standard with 5 points for quality of movement and 5 points for overall performance.
Registration form has been sent out, give us an email to ask for the registration form if you have not received one, and deadline for registration is 20th May 2012. Oversee competitors can register right-away by contact via email below. A flavour of what the London Wushu open can be viewed on Ms-L website which has compiled previous year’s winners tables and a selection of photo highlights. https://www.ms-l.co.uk/martialarts-competitions-tournaments
The Committee for the London Wushu Open
[email protected] Tel: 020 8348 6306
Announcement for the London Wushu Open 2012
• 竞赛套路器械（剑，刀，南刀），无论自选套路或规定套路, 成年组不得少于1分20秒；青少年（（18周岁以下））不得少于1分10秒。
• 竞赛套路长器械（棍，枪，南棍），无论自选套路或规定套路, 成年组不得少于1分20秒；青少年（（18周岁以下））不得少于1分10秒。
[email protected] 电话: 020 8348 6306